FOUR top Indian bureaucrats who have been assigned to help PM in formulating India’s standpoint during the three-day long visit of US president Barack Obama, are principal secretary to Prime Minister TKA Nair (1963 batch retired IAS), National Security Adviser Shivshankar Menon (1972 batch retired IFS), foreign secretary Nirupama Rao (1973 batch IFS) and India’s Ambassador to USA Meera Shankar (1973 batch IFS).
In addition, there would be seven ministers and deputy chairman of Planning Commission who will also assist PM during Obama’s visit which begins on Saturday in Mumbai, only to conclude on Monday night in
. In a statement to media, New Delhi ’s foreign secretary said, “Prime Minister will be assisted by Ministers of Finance, Agriculture, Defence, Home, External Affairs, Human Resource Development, Commerce and Industry, Deputy Chairman Planning Commission, Principal Secretary to Prime Minister, National Security Adviser, myself and our Ambassador to India .” USA
Here is President Obama’s schedule in
1) Will reach Mumbai in the forenoon of November 6.
2) Will begin his program by paying homage to the victims of the terrorist attack in Mumbai.
3) Visit Mani Bhavan to pay homage to Mahatma Gandhi
4) Attend a business summit organized by the US India Business Council in association with FICCI and CII.
1) On November 7, he will address a ‘Town Hall’ meeting and associated events at the St Xavier’s College
2) Celebrate Diwali at a Primary School.
3) Will leave Mumbai and reach
in the afternoon of November 7. Delhi
4) Will have a brief visit to Humayun’s tomb.
5) He will be the guest of honour at a dinner hosted by Prime Minister and Mrs Kaur.
1) The ceremonial reception at Rashtrapati Bhavan
2) Visit to Raj Ghat.
3) President Obama and Prime Minister will meet in the forenoon and discuss bilateral, regional and global developments of mutual concern.
4) They will preside over the meeting of the India-US CEO Forum.
5) Two leaders will address a joint press conference.
6) In the afternoon, Vice-President, Leader of Opposition and Chairperson UPA Ms Sonia Gandhi will call on President Obama.
7) President Obama will address a joint session of both houses of our Parliament, in the Central Hall.
8) His official program concludes with a meeting with President, and a State dinner for him and the First Lady at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
1) President Obama leaves
Action and Appointments
a) M Ramachandran assumed charge as Principal Registrar at the head quarters of the Central Administrative Tribunal at
on November 4. He had earlier served in various capacities in different departments of government of New Delhi and had worked as deputy registrar and joint registrar of the tribunal in Bombay Bench and as registrar for many years in the Ernakulam Bench of the tribunal. He holds masters degree in history, public administration and law. India