IN THE last few days, the Central government has undertaken a major administrative reshuffle at the level of joint secretary and additional secretary, the highlights being the premature repatriation of CMD of India Tourism Development Corporation (ITDC) to his parent cadre Jammu and Kashmir, and the government’s change of mind in appointing Pradip Kumar Tripathi as DoPT joint secretary by canceling his earlier order of appointing him in new and renewable energy ministry. Here below are the details of 12 officers’ new assignments:1. Umang Narula, 1989 batch Jammu and Kashmir cadre IAS and CMD of India Tourism Development Corporation has been prematurely repatriated to parent cadre with “immediate effect”.
2. Ajay Tirkey, 1987 batch Madhya Pradesh cadre IAS, has been appointed as joint secretary in the department of school education and literacy under HRD ministry in place of YSK Seshu Kumar, 1987 batch UP cadre IFoS.
3. Rabindra Kumar Karna, 1991 batch IDAS officer, has been appointed as additional FA and joint secretary in the ministry of defence (finance) in place of Ms Devika Raghuvanshi, 1988 batch IDAS officer.
4. Sanjay Kumar Rakesh, 1990 batch Tripura cadre IAS, has been appointed as joint secretary in the ministry of electronics and information technology.
5. Pradip Kumar Tripathi, 1987 batch Jammu and Kashmir cadre IAS, has been appointed as joint secretary in the department of personnel and training in place of PK Das, 1986 batch MP cadre IAS. The government meanwhile has cancelled Tripathi’s earlier appointment dated November 30, 2016, as joint secretary in the ministry of new and renewable energy against the vacancy of Tarun Kapoor, 1987 batch Himachal Pradesh cadre IAS.
6. Rajneesh, 1997 batch Himachal Pradesh cadre IAS, has been appointed as joint secretary in department of commerce in place of G Mohapatra, 1986 batch Gujarat cadre IAS.
7. Ms V Radha, 1994 batch Maharashtra cadre lAS, has been appointed as joint secretary in the ministry of drinking water and sanitation in place of Saraswati Prasad, 1985 batch Assam cadre IAS.
8. 1986 batch Madhya Pradesh cadre IAS and adviser in NITI Aayog Anil Kumar Jain will now be an additional secretary in NITI Aayog in place of Yudhvir Singh Mallik, 1983 batch Haryana cadre IAS upon his appointment as chairman of National Highways Authority of India (NHAI).
9. Saraswati Prasad, 1985 batch Assam cadre IAS and additional secretary in the ministry of drinking water and sanitation, has been appointed as additional secretary and financial adviser in the ministry of steel in place of Ms Bharati S Sihag, 1983 batch Himachal Pradesh cadre IAS on her appointment as fertilizers secretary.
10. Atul Chaturvedi, 1986 batch Assam cadre IAS and joint secretary in the department of industrial policy and promotion (DIIPP), has been promoted as additional secretary in DIPP.
11. Santosh A Mathew, 1985 batch Bihar cadre IAS and joint secretary in department of rural development, appointed as chairman, National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) in rank and pay of additional secretary.
12. Dr Satbir Bedi, 1986 batch AGMUT cadre IAS and JS in HRD ministry, has been appointed as member secretary in National Commission for Women (NCW), under ministry of women and child development on cancellation of the appointment of Ms Madhu Mahajan, 1982 batch IRS-IT officer.