THE Central government on Wednesday night released an order of appointing six joint secretaries after being approved by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet. These new JS include two Central Secretariat Service (CSS) officers, and one each from IAS, IPS, IRS-IT and Indian Ordnance Factory Service. Meanwhile, the ACC has also approved the appointment of acting Enforcement Director and 1984 batch AGMUT cadre IPS Karnal Singh as full-time ED till August 31, 2017, i.e. the date of his retirement. Here is the full list of all these appointments:1. Ms Reena Sinha Puri, 1987 batch IRS-IT officer, has been appointed as joint secretary and financial adviser in the ministry of coal.
2. Ram Phai Pawar, 1988 batch West Bengal cadre IPS, has been appointed as joint secretary in NATGRID under the ministry of home affairs (MHA).
3. Ms Indira Murthy, a Central Secretariat Service officer, has been appointed as joint secretary in the cabinet secretariat by elevating a director's post.
4. Ms Sarada G Muraleedharan, 1990 batch Kerala cadre IAS, has been appointed as Director General (JS rank) of NIFT under the ministry of textiles.
5. Rajneesh Tingal, a Central Secretariat Service officer, has been appointed as joint secretary in the department of pharmaceutical.
6. Ravi Kant, 1986 batch Indian Ordnance Factory Service officer, has been appointed as joint secretary in the department of ex-servicemen welfare.
Meanwhile, the government has decided to have a full-time Enforcement Director (ED) after over two years. The ACC on Wednesday approved the appointment of acting Enforcement Director and 1984 batch AGMUT cadre IPS Karnal Singh as full-time ED till Aug 31, 2017 i.e. the date of his retirement. Apart from being a special director in the enforcement directorate, Singh has been acting as ED since August 19, 2015. But there was no full-time ED since August, 2014, when the then ED Rajan S Katoch was made heavy industry secretary and was asked to continue as ED as well.