1. 1987 batch Bihar cadre IPS officer AS Rajan has been appointed as Minister (Coordination) in High Commission of India in London for a period of three years at the joint secretary level.
2. The government has approved the appointment of 1996 batch Karnataka cadre IFS Vijay Ranjan Singh, now a director, as the private secretary to fertiliser minister Ananth Kumar.
3. Yudhir Singh Malik, 1983 batch Haryana cadre IAS and CEO of Food Safety and Standards Authority of India under the department of health, has been appointed as additional secretary in NITI Aayog in a newly-created post.
4. The government has also cancelled the appointment of Ms Keshni Anand Arora, a 1983 batch Haryana cadre IAS, as additional secretary in NITI Aayog.
5. Ms Kavita Gupta, 1985 batch Maharashtra cadre IAS and additional DGFT in Mumbai, has been appointed as Textile Commissioner (additional secretary level) for two years or until further order in place of Kiran Soni Gupta, 1985 batch Rajasthan cadre IAS.
6. Ms Kiran Soni Gupta, 1985 batch Rajasthan cadre IAS and Textile Commissioner, has been appointed as additional secretary and financial adviser in the ministry of youth affairs and sports for two years or until further order in place of Ms Sujata Prasad, 1983 batch ICAS officer.
7. 1985 batch IDSE officer Harihar Prasad Mehra has been appointed as director in Central Vigilance Commission (CVC).
Meanwhile, the ACC last week, approved the extension of tenure of deputation of Dipesh Juneja, 1992 batch UP cadre IPS and IG of ITBP for a period of two years (for 6th and 7th year) beyond September 26, 2015, on “personal grounds” and in relaxation of the IPS tenure policy.