get preference for the post in Beijing. Here are the mandatory and desirable qualifications for both the posts:
1. The officer must have worked for at least 2 years at the Centre under the Central Staffing Scheme.
2. The officer should be clear from vigilance angle.
3. The officer should not be debarred from Central deputation.
4. The officer should have at least "Very Good" Service record. However, preference will be given to officers who have 'Outstanding' service record.
5. The officer should not be over 54 years of age.
6. The officer should not have been posted on an assignment in a foreign/captive post of the GOI, earlier.
7. The officer should not have been nominated for foreign training or should not be on training or foreign assignment currently.
8. The officer should not be on study leave or long leave.
9. The officer should be at least one batch below the batch currently empanelled as joint secretary.
10. The officer should have experience in the fields of trade, commerce, industry, finance, foreign investment, export promotion, international development cooperation at the Centre or in the state government/cadre.
It has been made clear that officers having experience of working in the department of economic affairs (DEA) would be given preference for both the posts. For the one in Beijing, desirable qualifications include knowledge of Mandarin as well.
The last date of application for both the posts is October 12, 2015.