case of murder, as Ravi had earlier taken on sand mafia as well as the builders resorting to tax frauds.
1. Born on June 10, 1979, Ravi was a Karnataka cadre IAS officer of 2009 batch.
2. Ravi did BSc in agriculture and MSc in zoology before getting into IAS.
3. He originally hails from Karnataka. He was allotted the home cadre.
4. He was deputy commissioner of Karnataka’s Kolar district in 2013-14. And when he was transferred out of the district, local residents resorted to protests to reserve the said order.
5. In October 2014, he was made additional commissioner, commercial taxes department, Bengaluru.
6. According to initial media reports, he took on sand mafia lobby when he headed the Kolar district.
7. Later, he had problems with builders on certain tax fraud matters.