|An annual convocation at IIM-B (File photo)|
1. The PG programme is meant for officers of All India Services, Central Services, faculty members of state administrative training institutes and also for officers of the state civil services and non-state civil services.
2. The officers will complete the “Domestic component” at IIM-Bangalore and a 4-week-long “international component” at a foreign school. After the completion of the course, they will return to their departments for posting.
3. Residential family accommodation is available at IIM, Bangalore for the participants.
4. During the course of training at the international school, participants are expected to stay at the accommodation arranged by the IIM-Bangalore or collaborating institution as the case may be. Alternate residential arrangements by participants themselves are not entertained.
5. The cost of the domestic component of the programme, which is Rs 7 lakh, will be met by the respective cadre controlling authority (for example, DoPT for IAS officers, MHA for IPS officers etc.). In case of Central Secretariat Service (CSS) officers, the domestic course fee will be met by the ministry or department where the officer is working.
6. The cost of the international component of the programme will be met by DoPT for all the participants, except for the Group “A” Service who are working in a Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) on deputation basis.
7. The last date of application is February 7, 2014.
8. The next batch of the programme (Post Graduate Programme in Public Policy and Management (PGPPM), 2014-15) is scheduled to begin from 2nd May, 2014.
9. So far, 11 such programmes were completed, and the 12th programme is currently in progress. The application is meant for the 13th batch.
10. Further details with regard to this programme may be ascertained from PGPPM office, Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore. Phone No. 080-26993013/3265, Fax No. 080-26584050, E-Mail: email@example.com and web sites of IIM-B (http:/www.iimb.ernet.in/pgppm) and the ministry of personnel, public grievances and pensions (www.persmin.nic.in).