NOT allowing the inter cadre transfer of 2009 batch Bihar cadre IPS Saurav Kumar Shah on grounds of marriage to AGMUT cadre IAS Ms Tanvi Garg -- to give its nod to premature repatriation of Jayshree Bhoj, 2003 batch Maharashtra cadre IAS from Uttar Pradesh cadre to Maharashtra cadre, a high-powered DoPT committee headed by its secretary last week took a call on seven proposals on cadre change, inter cadre deputation etc. Here are those 7 decisions, according to the minutes of the meeting held on March 29.1. The committee gave its nod to the premature repatriation of Jayshree Bhoj, 2003 batch Maharashtra cadre IAS from Uttar Pradesh cadre to Maharashtra cadre. In fact, Ms Bhoj was granted inter cadre deputation for a period of five years which is going to end on November 6, 2017. The issue came up because the officer herself requested for premature repatriation.
2. The committee put up the case of inter cadre deputation of Dr Shamla lqbal, 2002 batch Karnataka cadre IAS from Karnataka cadre to Kerala cadre on personal grounds, to the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC).
3. The committee gave its nod to inter cadre deputation of Chandra Shekhar, 2008 batch Jharkhand cadre IAS from Jharkhand cadre to Bihar cadre for a period of three years. The officer being of 2008 batch would complete the mandatory period of nine years in his cadre on July 1, 2017. Both the state governments have conveyed consent for inter cadre deputation and the officer is clear from vigilance angle. The committee after detailed deliberations recommended the proposal and directed to put up the ACC note for inter cadre deputation of the officer to Bihar cadre for a period of three years w.e.f. July 1, 2017 for the approval of ACC.
4. DoPT secretary-headed committee however refused to give its nod for inter cadre deputation of Ms PI Sreevidya, 2010 batch Karnataka cadre IAS from Karnataka cadre to Kerala cadre, as the officer is of 2010 batch and has not completed the requisite period of nine years in her cadre.
5. In case of the proposal of extension of inter cadre deputation of Ms Tanusree Deb Barma, 2006 batch Tripura cadre IAS from Manipur Tripura cadre to Karnataka cadre for a further period of two years beyond May 27, 2017, the committee decided to put up the case to ACC.
6. The inter cadre transfer of Saurav Kumar Shah, 2009 batch Bihar cadre IPS on grounds of marriage to Ms Tanvi Garg, 2009 batch AGMUT cadre IAS, was not approved. The committee, in fact, observed that the proposal is “not covered under the policy” and did not recommend the case as “the above policy is applicable only where both husband and wife could not apply for transfer to his/her spouse cadre on grounds of marriage, their cadre being his/her respective home cadres”.
7. The committee deferred the cadre change of Sridhar Chamakuri, 2016 batch Kerala cadre IAS, on grounds of PH policy.