FINANCE minister Arun Jaitley on Monday stressed upon the ‘culture of correctness’ and ‘fairness’ that every revenue officer should follow in their assignments. Be hardworking and efficient while ensuring integrity and credibility —said FM while inaugurating professional training of 68th batch of IRS (Customs and Central Excise) officers at NACEN Campus at Faridabad in Haryana on Monday. Here are 10 highlights of the FM’s address:1. There is an urgent need for change in mindset and India has to move towards a mindset of voluntary compliance.
2. The payment of legitimate taxes should be considered as part of the process and nobody should think that tax evasion is acceptable.
3. The payment of due tax is a responsibility of every citizen.
4. While addressing the young IRS officers, he said -- Be hardworking and efficient while ensuring integrity and credibility in careers.
5. FM expressed his faith in the probationers to be able to carry-out the smooth rolling-out and administering the Goods and Services Tax (GST).
6. FM impressed upon the gathering the importance of coordination between the Central and the state administrations in smooth transition from the old to the new Indirect Tax (GST) regime so that the taxpayers don’t suffer.
7. Jaitley also reminded the IRS officers that India’s economy is undergoing major changes and that shall continue to challenge them to be capable officers at every stage of their career.
8. He stressed on the ‘Culture of Correctness’ and ‘Fairness’ that every officer should follow in their work as revenue officers.
9. He motivated the officer trainees to train well and become officers who can lead this country into economic glory.
10. FM wished National Academy of Customs Excise and Narcotics, or NACEN, well in the construction of a new training campus and academy in Palasamudram, Hindupur in Andhra Pradesh.