FROM appointing CMDs and OSDs to inaugurating a hockey academy in New Delhi’s Vinay Marg sport complex, the Centre’s personnel ministry — DoPT had a busy month in November. Here below are 10 notable things that DoPT did in November:1. Appointment’s Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) in the month of November approved appointment of three CMDs/MDs and five functional directors in various Schedule A and B Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSEs).
2. Three proposals of extensions and two proposals of appointment of OSD to ministers were also approved.
3. Cadre review of the IAS cadre of Chhattisgarh was carried out and the relevant notification was issued on November 10, 2016.
4. Cadre review of the IFS cadre of Uttarakhand and Tripura was carried out and the relevant notifications were issued on November 30, 2016.
5. 104 officers who are inducted into the IAS from state civil services and other services have been nominated for induction training at ATI West Bengal to be held during January 16, 2017 to February 24, 2017.
6. A team of officers of the Government of India was constituted for visiting states and reporting about the status of implementation of the decision taken for cancellation of legal tender of high denomination bank notes of Rs 500 and Rs 1,000. This team undertook filed visits in various states for making on the spot assessment of the situation.
7. A total of 450 APARs for 2015-16 and 59 APARs for 2016-17 were generated on SPARROW
8. All ministries and department of Government of India were requested to place advertisement of vacancies at the National Carrier Service (NCS) portal of ministry of labour and employment.
9. During the two-day annual convention of the Central Information Commission (CIC), an ‘e-CourtSoftware’, which aims at enabling speedy disposal of appeals and complaints by using digital technology, was launched.
10. And Hockey Academy was opened by the Central Civil Services Cultural and Sports Board atVinay Marg Sports Complex on November 27, 2016.