IN YET another round of appointing seven new joint secretaries to various ministries of the Government of India, the officers belonging to services such as IRS-IT, ICAS, Indian Forest Service etc. have managed to get berths. For example, two JS were appointed in the ministry of culture, one being an Indian Revenue Service officer, the other from Indian Civil Accounts Service. But, the exercise still can’t be termed as something to encourage non-IAS officers, as in six out of seven cases, a set of non-IAS officers just replaced another set of non-IAS officers. Here is the list of 7 new joint secretaries:1. 1985 batch IRS-IT officer Ms Shefali Shah has been appointed as joint secretary in the ministry of culture in place of Pramod Kumar Jain, 1985 batch Jammu and Kashmir cadre IAS.
2. Padma Lochan Sahu, 1991 batch Indian Civil Accounts Service (ICAS) officer, has been appointed as joint secretary in the ministry of culture in place of Sanjiv Mittal, 1984 batch IDAS officer.
3. Sameer Kumar Khare, 1989 batch Assam cadre IAS, has been appointed as joint secretary in the department of economic affairs (DEA) under ministry of finance in place of 1993 batch Kerala cadre IAS Usha Titus.
4. Bipin Behari, 1985 batch UT cadre Indian Forest Service (IFoS) officer, has been appointed as joint secretary in the department of official language under MHA in place of CSS officer Ms P Juneja.
5. Anuradha Joshi Durgapal, 1988 batch IP and TA and FS officer, has been appointed as Controller (Admin) and joint secretary in NTRO in place of AK Sonik, 1986 batch Indian Railway Personnel Service (IRPS).
6. VP Joy, 1987 batch Kerala cadre IAS, has been appointed as Central Provident Fund Commissioner (CPFC) in Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) under ministry of labour in place of KK Jalan, 1982 batch Haryana cadre IAS.
7. Sanjay Singh, 1987 batch MP cadre IAS, has been appointed as Administrator, Universal Service Obligation Fund under telecom ministry in place of 1982 batch Kerala cadre IAS Aruna Sundarajan.