Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Working in Delhi, but residing in Noida or Faridabad? This DoPT clarification on LTC will benefit you

Destination Modhera (Photo courtesy: Gujarat Tourism)
A SMART marketing person selling real estates in Noida, Ghaziabad or Gurgaon can resort to this May 18, 2015, office memorandum (OM) when he or she pitches a Central government officer next time. In fact, this OM, issued by DoPT, clarifies that those government employees residing in areas in National Capital Region of Delhi (e.g. Noida, Indirapuram, Gurgaon or Faridabad etc.) can actually avail of Leave Travel Concession (LTC) using the…
“home town concession” window. “Government employees whose headquarters are Delhi and reside in cities/towns outside Delhi falling in other states of NCR, are eligible for Home Town Concession,” the office memorandum clarified. The same OM clarifies that government employees whose headquarters or place of posting and home town are one and the same are “not eligible for Home Town LTC”. That means, if the officer concerned works in, say North Block or Rail Bhawan, and resides in Delhi itself, she won’t be eligible for this home town LTC, but if the person just moves a kilometer away from the border (Noida, Ghaziabad, Faridabad etc. border the city of Delhi) and resides in one of those satellite towns, he or she will be eligible for the same concession.
According to rules, a government officer is allowed to visit the home town every year availing LTC where the expenditure of the journey for the officer and his immediate family members gets reimbursed. But the incentive is, the government servant will be able to convert one block of home town LTC to travel by air to visit North-East, Jammu and Kashmir or Andaman and Nicobar Islands. This is in accordance to the relaxation given to Central Civil Services (Leave Travel Concession) Rules 1988.
Recently, the government changed its rules to allow unmarried government servant to convert one block of Home Town LTC for traveling to anywhere in the country, and the officer does not even need to restrict his journey to North-East, Jammu and Kashmir or Andaman and Nicobar Islands.

No comments:

Post a Comment