May 18 meeting attended by states' principal secretaries (personnel) in New Delhi. Under a sub-head called “Unauthorized absence of officers from cadres”, the DoPT says in the document: “This Department had requested State Governments to provide information in respect of IAS officers who are on unauthorized absence from cadre”. In case of two officers, the issue is about recovery of interests/bond amount along with interests. Here are details:
1. The status of case pending in Supreme Court against Alok Khare, 1992 batch Assam cadre IAS, for criminal proceeding, is awaited from the state government of Assam.
2. The resignation case of Shantanu Mukherjee, 1990 batch Assam cadre IAS with effect from January 31, 2008. Mukherjee applied for resignation on August 21, 2009. But it’s still pending for want of comments from the government of Assam about treating the intervening period of leave between February 1, 2008 and August 21, 2009. The DO letter dated March 21, 2015 was sent to government of Assam.
3. The reply from the state government of Jharkhand regarding action taken against Arava Rajkamal, 2008 batch Jharkhand cadre IAS, is awaited.
4. The information from the state government of Sikkim regarding recovery of interest in respect of Amit Kumar Jain, 1991 batch Sikkim cadre IAS, is awaited.
5. The reply from UP government regarding action taken in the matter of Sanjeev Ahluwalia, 1980 batch retired IAS, is still awaited.
6. The reply from UP government regarding initiation of action for deemed resignation under Rule 7 of AIS (Leave) Rules, 1955 in respect of the following IAS officers is still awaited. They are:
a) Dr Prabhat Kumar, 1985 batch UP cadre IAS.
b) Atul Bagai, 1983 batch UP cadre IAS.
c) Arun Arya, 1985 batch UP cadre IAS.
d) Shishir Priyadarshi, 1980 batch UP cadre IAS.
7. Uttar Pradesh government report on unauthorised absence of Sanjay Bhatia, 1990 batch UP cadre IAS is still awaited.
8. The reply from the West Bengal government regarding recovery of the bond amount along with interest in respect of Amitabh Mukherjee, 1983 batch West Bengal cadre IAS is awaited.