|Kapil Dev Tripathi: DPE Secretary|
1. Total revenue from operation of all Central PSEs was Rs 20,61,866 crore in 2013-14, an increase of 5.96% from FY 2012-13.
2. Profits of all profit-making CPSEs was Rs1,49,164 crore in 2013-14 compared to Rs1,43,543 showing a growth of 3.92%.
3. The total loss of loss making CPSEs was Rs 20,055 crore in 2013-14 compared to Rs 28,562 in 2012-13, showing a decline in loss by 29.78%.
4. Overall net profit of all 234 CPSEs (the operating ones) during 2013-14 stood at Rs 1,29,109 crore compared to Rs 1,14,981 crore in FY 2012-13, showing an increase of 12.29%.
5. As on March 31, 2014, as many as 46 CPSEs were listed in stock market of India. The market cap of those companies stood at Rs 11,08,307 crore as on March 31, 2014, as against Rs 11,16,889 crore as on March 31, 2013. That means there was a marginal decline in the total market capitalization during this period.
6. All CPSEs employed 13.5 lakh employees (excluding the contractual employees) in 2013-14 compared to 14.02 lakh in 2012-13, registering a reduction of employees by 3.64%
7. Salary and wages went up in all CPSEs from Rs 1,16,363 crore in 2012-13 to Rs 1,21,038 crore in 2013-14, registering a growth of 4.02%.
8. Networth of all CPSEs went up from Rs 8,66,366 crore in 2012-13 to Rs 9,50,072 crore in 2013-14, registering a growth of 9.66%.
9. Foreign Exchange earnings through export of goods and services decreased from Rs 1,39,228 crore in 2012-13 to Rs 1,22,719 crore in 2013-14, showing a reduction of 11.86%.
10. And finally, the contribution of CPSEs to Central exchequer by way of Central duties, custom duties, corporate tax, interests on Central government loans, and dividends etc. increased from Rs 1,63,212 crore in 2012-13 to Rs 2,20,166 crore in 2013-14, registering an increase of 34.09%.