posted under the Central Staffing Scheme, are eligible to attend the programme. In a DoPT circular, it is requested that nomination of IPS and Indian Forest Service officers with the approval of the competent authority may be sent to training division, department of personnel and training (DoPT) at least one and a half month in advance before the commencement of the course, under intimation to their cadre controlling authority. The ministry of home affairs is the cadre controlling authority for IPS, and for Indian Forest Service officers, it is the ministry of environment and forests.
The officers are usually encouraged to opt for those training programmes which are relevant to their current jobs as well as the kind of assignments they are likely to hold in future.
Here are some of the topics on which in-service training programmes to be conducted in FY 2014-15.
1. Fiscal policy and macroeconomic management
2. Procurement procedures and contracting
3. Financial market regulations
4. Improving governance through accountability
5. Ethical leadership in public governance
6. Project management
7. Financing infrastructure projects through capital markets
8. Climate change and state preparedness: Impacts, vulnerability and adaptation
9. Ethics and accountability in civil services for good governance.
10. Climate Change and State preparedness in the hilly and mountainous and coastal regions of India.
11. Multidisciplinary perspectives on urban development.
12. Leadership and stress management
13. International negotiations
14. Public Procurement
15. Ethics in public governance
16. Developing leadership excellence
17. WTO and intellectual property rights
18. Infrastructure finance
19. Natural resource management
20. Public private partnership
21. Public governance, innovation and social policy analysis
22. Enhancing analytical skills for rational decision-making in globalised world
23. Public financial management and accountability
24. Finance for non-finance executives