Air Marshal Ajit Shankarrao Bhonsle and former Indian Foreign Service officer Ms Sujata Mehtaon Tuesday took the oath as members Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). His oath was administered by Prof David R Syiemlieh, chairman of UPSC. Here are the snapshots of these two new UPSC Members:Air Marshal Ajit Shankarrao Bhonsle
1. Born in February 1957, he is 60-year-old.
2. He has done MSc, MBA and M Phil from National Defence Academy, Defence Services Staff College, College of Defence Management and National Institute of Defence Studies, Japan.
3. He has a varied experience in command and staff appointments during the 39 years of service in the IAF.
4. His forte is flying operations, pre-commissioning military training and education, infrastructure development, counter intelligence, capacity building of training institutions, defence civilian personnel management, cyber security and aviation safety.
5. He is the recipient of two Presidential Awards:- Vishisht Seva Medal and Ati Vishisht Seva Medal.
Ms Sujata Mehta
1. A 1980 batch retired Indian Foreign Service officer, Ms Mehta was born in 1957.
2. She did master of philosophy in political science.
3. She served in Indian Missions in Moscow, Dhaka and at United Nations in New York.
4. She also served on deputation to the United Nations in Gaza and New York.
5. Her prominent postings include ambassador to Spain and ambassador and permanent representative to the conference on disarmament in Geneva.
6. She returned to MEA headquarters in Delhi in July, 2013 as additional secretary and later special secretary.
7. She was appointed as secretary (ER) in ministry of external affairs in February, 2014.
8. She took charge as secretary (West) in MEA on January 11, 2016