DID you know that Central government’s personnel department — DoPT made presentations on the structure and function of Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) and Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) last month before the Parliamentary Standing Committee? Or, did you miss the news that assistant secretaries of 2014 batch IAS officers participated in a sports meet last month at Siri Fort Sports Complex in New Delhi? Here are 10 highlights of the DoPT during the month of October:1. Employees Online (EO) Mobile App of DoPT was launched. This will help its users to stay updated on real time basis with appointments and postings after those were approved by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) and also the vacancies at senior level in the Government of India.
2. A feedback-cum-interactive session of the assistant secretaries (IAS officers of 2014 batch) with senior officers of various ministries and departments was organized on October 21, 2016 in New Delhi.
3. A blood donation camp was organized by DOPT in association with the Indian Red Cross Society, New Delhi at Shastri Bhawan, New Delhi on October 24, and as many as 32 employees donated blood in this camp.
4. Two director and deputy secretary and 7 under secretary posts are encadered in Central
Secretariat Service (CSS) cadre of ministry of social justice and empowerment during the month of October. And during the same month, four posts of directors are encadered in CSS in Central Vigilance Commission.
5. The tenure of the Advisory Committee of State Cadre employees (other than AIS), between the successor states of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana, under the chairmanship of CR Kamalanathan has been extended for a further period of 4 months i.e. up to December 31, 2016. The Advisory Committee has examined cadre strength of all the 90 departments, identified for allocation of post and personnel.
6. The government last month approved the proposal of SSC for conducting examination for recruitment to 502 vacancies in the post of scientific assistant in India Meteorological department.
7. There was a sports meet for assistant secretaries of 2014 batch IAS officers on October 15 and 16, 2016 at Siri Fort Sports Complex, New Delhi.
8. 22 training programmes including four Central Secretariat Service (CSS)/ Central Secretariat Stenographer Service (CSSS) CTP programmes were conducted at ISTM. The number of participants in those programmes was 635.
9. Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) in the month of October approved the appointment of two CMD/MD and four functional directors in various schedule A and B Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSEs). Further, one proposal of extensions, one proposal of appointment of PS to minister, two proposals of appointment of OSD to ministers were approved by the cabinet secretary/ACC.
10. Presentations on the structure and function of DoPT, Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) and Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) were made on October 4, 2016, before Parliamentary Standing Committee.