1. November 2014: Tamil Nadu cadre IAS Dr S Prabakharan is permitted to change his name to Dr S Prabhakar.
2. November 2014: 1988 batch Karnataka cadre IAS Basavaraju is permitted to change his name to Dr B Basavaraaju.
3. 2010 batch Tamil Nadu cadre IAS Dr KS Palanisami is allowed to change his name to Dr KS Palanisamy.
4. July 2014: The government permits union additional secretary-ranked officer and 1983 batch West Bengal cadre IAS Bhaskar Chandra Khulbe to drop his middle name, "Chandra". He had earlier worked in the ministry of home affairs (MHA), cabinet secretariat and also in personnel department, DoPT.
5. June 2014: The government permits 38-year-old Tamil Nadu cadre IAS officer's name from F Innocent Divya to J Innocent Divya.
Tagade is new to this ever-increasing list of IAS officers who have changed their names after many years of service. A graduate before getting into IAS, Tagade was MD, Maharashtra State Mining Corporation, and then dealt with films when he was with the state's cultural and information and broadcasting ministry. Has Tagade got any inspiration from Bollywood?