1. Delhi's new acting chief secretary is a 1984 batch AGMUT cadre IAS.
2. Ms Gamlin is 54-year-old. Set to retire on March 31, 2021.
3. She is an Arunachalee, but hails from Assam. She knows English, Hindi and Assamese.
4. She is a graduate in history and post-graduate in sociology.
5. Ms Gamlin began her career in IAS as director, tourism, in Andaman and Nicobar Islands.\
6. Between 2007 and 2008, she was director (vigilance) in NCT of Delhi. She served as chairperson of Delhi Transco Limited, Indraprastha Power Generation Company Limited and Pragati Power Corporation Limited and CMD of Delhi Power Company Limited.
7. Between 2008 and 2014, she was in Central deputation working as joint secretary in health ministry.
8. She has been working now as principal secretary (additional secretary level) in Delhi government's finance department.
9. In 1996, she had a 6-week-long training in US. In 2002, she was trained in US on reduction of gas emission.
10. Her in-service trainings included one on industrial policy and another advanced course on WTO.