|Name change notification of S Prabhakar, IAS|
Indian Administrative Service in December, 2013. Here are the IAS officers who have changed their names in the recent months:
1. November 2014: Tamil Nadu cadre IAS Dr S Prabakharan is permitted to change his name to Dr S Prabhakar.
2. November 2014: 1988 batch Karnataka cadre IAS Basavaraju is permitted to change his name to Dr B Basavaraaju. He is an MSc in agriculture, and had served as deputy commissioner in Karnataka’s districts of Chitradurga and Mysore. He was also the managing director in Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation (KSRTC). Then, he became principal secretary, first in culture department and then in revenue department. He is retiring in June 2019.
3. 2010 batch Tamil Nadu cadre IAS Dr KS Palanisami is allowed to change his name to Dr KS Palanisamy.
4. July 2014: The government permits union additional secretary-ranked officer and 1983 batch West Bengal cadre IAS Bhaskar Chandra Khulbe to drop his middle name, "Chandra". He had earlier worked in the ministry of home affairs (MHA), cabinet secretariat and also in personnel department, DoPT.
5. June 2014: Government permits 38-year-old Tamil Nadu cadre IAS officer’s name from F Innocent Divya to J Innocent Divya.
As the name change saga continues, it remains a mystery for many why so many IAS officers have ventured into changing their names!