|Modi with a section of secretaries|
1. PM said he has full faith in commitment and competence of the top bureaucrats so as to build a better future for the nation.
2. Senior bureaucrats need to simplify and streamline the administrative rules and procedures to make them people-friendly.
3. There is a need for team spirit, and secretaries need to be leaders of their teams.
4. The officers must take decisions while assuring them that he (PM himself) would stand by them.
5. Ideas should be converted into institutions because institutions last longer than individuals.
6. There is a need to identify and do away with archaic rules and procedures.
7. There is a need to clean-up the offices of secretaries and improve the workplace so that better work culture and efficient services to the citizens can be achieved.
8. There is a need to use technology for greater efficiency and effectiveness in administration.
9. Only through collective action, faster results can be achieved.
10. PM offered that he would always be ready to give an account of the work being done by him, and indirectly wanted similar standard of accountability from top babus.
About 25 secretaries spoke during the meeting, and prime minister listened to their suggestions and comments for nearly two and a half hours.