|Ansari (right) with a section of 2012 batch IFS|
very good now. Foreign Service Institute’s dean, Ambassador Ms Nengcha Lhouvum introduced the young officers to the vice-president.
According to a statement issued by the vice-president’s secretariat, here are a few takeaways from this veteran diplomat-turned vice-president of India.
1) A good diplomat is one who cultivates human relations.
2) A diplomat should always have positive attitude.
3) His job is to protect national interests.
4) Diplomats are judged by their presentation and physical appearance.
5) Every time a diplomat goes to a new place, he gets two to three months to adapt to the new area and culture.
6) Now the service conditions of Indian Foreign Service have also become very good.
And any don’t for Indian diplomats as prescribed by Ansari?
1) Don’t write off anyone.