|Rao with US President Obama|
2. Since she was an accredited diplomat, Embassy should have been informed about impending move to arrest her. Stealth was ill advised.
3. The incident has created a deep crater in the bilateral relationship and we in India have reason to protest as we have done.
4. The legitimate question we ask is: did not the US weigh the disastrous consequences of their moves in this case?
5. Was the much vaunted defining partnership between the two countries so inconsequential that US decided to treat whole case as routine?
6. The relationship is now in ER. The trauma surgeons need to wake up.
7. We need cool thinking on both sides to defuse the situation. Tit for tat butter for fat cannot solve matters.
8. Diplomacy can't be conducted in an amphitheater. Neither government's hand should be seen to be forced. Say no to hyperventilation.