Who was Raided?
Siddaiah, a 1986 batch IAS
* Worked as a secretary in CM’s secretariat (2004-06)
* Secretary to Deputy CM (2006-07)
* Commissioner, Bangalore Development Authority (2008-10)
* Commissioner, Bangalore Mahanagara Palike
Assets of Rs 1.90 crore
* Allegedly owns 120 acres of land in Badigere village near Harohalli
* A house on 4,000 sq ft plot in Dollars Colony
* 1.6 kg gold and 13 kg silver from his houseQuestion Mark
* Siddaiah unearthed Rs1,539-crore tender scam leading BJP corporators and MLAs gang up against him
* The whistle-blower IAS was unceremoniously shunted out of the BBMP on November 28, 2011.
* Siddaiah’s proximity to the opposition Congress is well known and there are rumours that he could be the Congress candidate from Nelamangala
Who was Raided?
MV Veerabhadraiah, promoted IAS
* Currently, Deputy General Manager, Upper Krishna Project
Assets of Rs 2.33 crore
* A commercial complex at Magadi Road
* Houses at Vijayanagar and Nelamangala
* Housing sites in Banashankari.
* Close to JD(S)
* Sought voluntary retirement in 2008 to contest Madhugiri by-election on a Janata Dal (Secular) ticket. Denied VRS.
The third IAS raided was Karnataka Neeravari Nigama Ltd Managing Director Mohammed A Sadiq. The assets of Sadiq, a 1993 batch IAS, have been valued by Lokayukta at Rs 1.64 crore.
Action and Appointments
a) The ACC has approved the extension of appointment of Dr Prajapati Trivedi as secretary (performance management) and chairman, National Authority for Chemical Weapons Convention, Cabinet Secretariat, beyond January 1, 2012 and till Dr Trivedi attains the age of 60 years which is August, 2013.b) Vijaya Kanth, a 1975 batch officer from Indian Railway Account Service (IRAS), has taken over as the new Financial Commissioner (FC) (Railways) and ex-officio secretary to the Government of India. Prior to her appointment as FC in Railway Board, Ms Kanth was General Manager, Northeast Frontier Railway (Construction) Organization, Guwahati.