Neta-Babu Interaction

Neta-Babu Interaction
A group of IAS probationers of Uttar Pradesh cadre (2014 batch) as well as probationers hailing from Uttar Pradesh while participating in an interactive session with 11 Union ministers in New Delhi on October 19, 2016.

BoI Search Engine

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Process of 2010 Central deputation begins; an officer to be debarred from deputation for 5 years if he withdraws mid-way

IF YOU are an IAS, IPS or any other Group A officer wishing to join any Central government department under Central Staffing Scheme, you have to be absolutely sure that you don't withdraw mid-way. What's more, you must ensure that your cadre authority does not withdraw your name while it's in an advanced stage of processing. The government has reiterated its policy of debarring an officer for five years, if, once appointed by the Government under the Central Staffing Scheme, he does not join the post either on account of personal disinclination, or the refusal of the Cadre, to relieve him, a official letter to all Cadre Controlling Authorities of Group 'A' Services said. "As you might be aware, considerable process and exercise are gone through before an officer is appointed under the Central Staffing Scheme. However, very often, the Cadre Authorities withdraw the names of officers from offer at an advanced stage of processing. This results in considerable delay in the placement of officers under the Central Staffing Scheme, which is not in public interest," P K Mishra, establishment officer and additional secretary at DoPT, elaborated it in his letter to Cadre Authorities. The letter further captured another interesting observation. "In the recent past years, it has been observed that some individual officers whose name has been placed on the offer list have represented directly to this office for withdrawal of their names from the offer list citing personal reasons. This practice should be avoided and no individual requests received from such officers will be entertained," it said. Meanwhile, the process of appointment on deputation to posts under the Central Staffing Scheme for the year 2010 has begun. The DoPT has come out with a detailed guideline for nominating suitable officers and said that about 30% of the posts under the Central Staffing Scheme are of the rank of joint secretary and above, and the remaining 70% of the posts are at the level of director or deputy secretary i.e. the middle management level. DoPT's letter to Cadre Controlling Authorities BoI extraa... Bird watch is getting tougher for civil aviation secretary Nambiar Civil aviation secretary M M Nambiar spent quite sometime on Wednesday charting out a plan on how to deal with growing number of incidents of bird strikes. The incidents of bird strikes have been increasing – 167 in 2006, 217 in 2007, and 304 in 2008. This year till October, 241 bird strikes have been reported to the DGCA. Till October, 2009, Air India has reported 24 bird strikes, Jet Airways- 49, Kingfisher Airlines-60, Indigo-27, Spice Jet-30, Paramount-1, Go Airways-7, 34 by the International airlines and 6 by other kinds of aircraft.

No comments:

Post a Comment