FROM August 30, a 2001 batch Rajasthan cadre IAS Naveen Jain has gone missing reportedly because he was being harassed by politicians and senior bureaucrats. Known to be an honest officer, Jain was reportedly upset over the fact that he was asked to vacate an official accommodation where he just moved in, even before an alternative accommodation was provided.
Here is a Fact-file on Naveen Jain:
* 36-year-old Jain disappeared from a hotel restaurant at Shajapur near the Alwar-Delhi border on Tuesday without informing his wife Sunita Jain or his 9-year-old son when the family was travelling to
* Jain’s further told a section of media that Naveen Jain was shifted out of Baran where he was a collector as part of a conspiracy. He was first given the panchayati raj department but before joining the department, he was ordered to take over as land settlement commissioner in Jaipur.
* For the first two days of Jain going missing, the IAS fraternity maintained silence. On day 2, however, Jaipur and Pali collectors visited Jain’s family.
* Jain’s wife Sunita met chief minister Ashok Gehlot and complained how they were told to vacate a house, D-606, Gandhi Nagar, Jaipur even without being allotted another accommodation. They had moved into the house on August 16 after getting verbal permission.
* Originally hailing from Haryana , this Rajasthan cadre IAS was a company secretary before joining civil service.
* Jain was collector and district magistrate in Karauli, Hanumangarh and Baran.
1978 batch IAS debarred from Central deputation
KS Mehra, a 1978 batch UT cadre IAS, has been debarred from going on Central deputation for a period up to the date of his superannuation i.e. upto June, 2012. The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet took the decision on
August 29, 2011, but in the letter, no reason was mentioned.
Action and Appointments
a) Alok Perti, a 1977 batch Assam cadre IAS, presently special secretary in the ministry of coal, has been appointed as secretary in the ministry of coal in place of C Balakrishnan, a 1974 batch Himachal Pradesh cadre IAS who retired on August 31, 2011.
b) Ashok Kumar Angurana, a 1980 batch JK cadre IAS, has been appointed as additional secretary in the ministrty of Panchayati Raj in place of Sudhir Krishna, a 1977 batch Karnataka cadre IAS who had retired.
c) PG Dhar Chakraborty, a 1980 batch JK cadre IAS, presently in the cadre, has been appointed as Adviser, Inter State Council Secretariat under the ministry of home affairs.
d) Naini Jayaseelan, a 1980 batch UP cadre IAS, presently Adviser, Planning
Commission, has been appointed as Member Secretary in NCR Planning Board under the ministry of urban development in place of Noor Mohammed, a 1977 batch UP cadre IAS who had retired.